Sunday, June 23, 2019

Delphinium Blue Speckled Socks

I finished my second pair of socks on the CinDWood circular knitting loom.   Thanks to a trip to Idaho (Yes, Sheila!  I was visiting my old friend up near Boise) last week, with plenty of idle time in the airports.  Yeah! And they seem to fit, too!


Here are the specifics:

Yarn : Chic Sheep 100% merino wool (with great springness suitable for socks)
Color : Lace (hand-dyed by me with Wilton's Delphinium Blue)
2 balls (1 per sock)  at 189 yards with a little left over.

Loom: CinDWood Knitted Knocker Loom 1/4 inch 56-pegs

Pattern:
I followed Hypnotic Hysteria's instructions for Loom-Knit Toe-Up Socks on this video:

[This isn't actually the video I learned on, but it's very similar.  Hypnotic Hysteria had a You Tube disaster where her channel was hacked and she lost everything, and had to start over.  To date, she has not re-posted the one I started with, but this one is close.  I think the only difference is that the leg is a little longer, and she was using the 56-peg knitted knocker loom, like I did.]




Just for kicks, I'm going to add this video, too.  It's a different loom, but the pattern is closer to what I did:


My alterations:
          Instead of 7 decreases/increases for toe and heel, I did 9 stitches. (I need a wider toe box.)
          65 rounds for length of foot
          45 rounds for leg above ankle
          20 rounds for cuff
               (Ribbing is Knit 2 / Purl 2 for more springiness)



Now onto the next project!

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Yes, my first thought as I looked at the top photo was, "Definitely looks like a perfect fit." And I won't chide you for not looking me up on your visit to Idaho. Southern Idaho and Northern Idaho are worlds and hours apart - Much like Oshkosh and Eau Claire, maybe even worse!