Friday, July 19, 2019

Moss Green

Moss Green

Still showcasing Candy G.'s favorite analogous color palettes from her Fabric Dyeing 103 class on multi-color fabrics.   Green to black.

Here's the sample accordion pleat batching in the low-water immersion dye pot. 
Rich deep colors gave me a lot of hope for this one!


 
Here's the scrumbled half yard batching in the dye pot.


Here are the 3 isolated colors dyed on individual fat quarters atop the scrumbled half yard.
You can see a fair amount of yellow in the green.  I'd forgotten to re-mix the dye before I poured it.  The yellow has a tendency to settle out.  Not quite what I was hoping for.

Here's another view.

 Here's the accordion pleated half yard.  Again, the light was a little odd when I took the photograph, so it' doesn't quite look like it does in real life.

Here's a detail shot, with truer colors.

No comments: