Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Auditioning Colors and Textures

Sometimes your first try doesn't quite make the grade.

I had just a little swatch left of this orange, black and green focus fabric.  I thought it would look cool in the middle of one of those Amish stars.  Until I saw it there ...

Unfortunately, the neat patterns and colors get lost when they are focused into the middle of that Folded Amish Star block.  The oranges are not balanced as they land in the middle.  So I picked it all apart and tried a new arrangement.

 
I auditioned several greens for that center star.  
This one also had a little too much going on to be center stage. 


The lime green was a whole different story in the middle.  I still didn't have enough of orange, green abd black fabric to make it one of the outer rings.  I only had 4 squares.

And then I realized I could place the 4 on half of the outer black triangles to highlight that level.  Bingo!  That was the winning ticket!  That worked!  I think this is my favorite color combination so far!

Yes! This is the one!
This one goes to my husband, the chief cook and bottle washer at our house.

No comments: