Saturday, October 12, 2019

Revisiting the Stained Glass Window Quilt

Stained Glass Quilt (Revisited)

I gave this one a new border treatment.  After living with it for a few weeks, I decided that the electric blue border print did not add anything to the rest of the batiks in the quilt.  My husband suggested keeping a thin strip of it, but going with a more subtle border.  So that's what I did.



Here's the before version.   From the photos, it doesn't look like much of a difference, but when you're in the same room with it, it's quite a dramatic (and pleasant) change.

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

No, I think I can tell the difference from the pictures and it jogged a memory of when you first posted about it, that I didn't think the border was quite right. I'm not sure I would have had the gumption to make the change once those first borders were sewn on!