Sunday, November 03, 2019

Teal Blue Socks

 I finished that pair of teal blue socks I started back in September with that Chic Sheep merino yarn that I dyed myself.  I am very pleased with the way they turned out!

 
I used the Knitted Knocker Loom from CinDWood Looms.
The pattern was based on one of Hypnotic Hysteria's videos.  Unfortunately, her You Tube account was hacked, and she lost over 700 videos.   Heartbreaking and so demoralizing. I guess she didn't have any backups at home.  I wish I could help her recover those videos.

I had a few notes from watching the old sock-making videos, so I was able to do it this time without consulting the videos, which are no longer available.    [So sad!]

From my notes (to fit my foot):
 
     Kitchener Cast-on (I like this because it feels like weaving, and leaved a seamless join)
     Work the toe box with with 9 decreases / increases
     Then start working in the round for  65 rows

     Work the heel with 9 decreases / increases on the opposite half of the toe
     Work in the round 45 rows for leg

     For Cuff: 20 rows of 2 Knit and 2 Purl
     Super Stretchy Bind off.


Here's the yarn I was using, dyed back in May.  The link includes a video on the dyeing method--which has become my all-time favorite for dyeing yarn.


This time, I had a second circular knitting loom, so I could work each step at roughly the same time, so avoid the second sock syndrome (where you finish the first sock, but don't have the heart to start the second one).   That worked out very well.

On to the next pair of socks for my husband in leaf green and deep navy.

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

These came out great and look like they would be perfect to wear with jeans. Nice to be using that wool you dyed yourself!