Sunday, March 15, 2020

An Easier Way to Join the Ends of a Quilt Binding

 

I always have to look this up when I'm finishing a quilt binding.  How long to cut the tails -- How to lay them out -- Which direction to sew the seam.

I have instructions and there are special rulers, but you have to watch the accompanying video because the ruler is not intuitive.  There are other videos with printed instructions, but there's a page missing when you print it ...  and a key step is missing, making it impossible to carry out.

This one takes the math out of the equation, and makes it so simple, I might even remember what to do next time.  Just in case, I'm saving the video here for safe-keeping!

Here's the written version of this method.   The beauty is that you don't have to measure or think about any math.  You just use the width of the binding strip you're already using.  That makes it so simple!

No comments: