Monday, June 29, 2020

Mesmerized: Winter Mindfulness Glitter Calm Down Jar

Winter Mindfulness Glitter Calm Down Jar

Here's  a short video to show it in action.
Relax and catch your breath.
[You can see a bigger view by clicking on the YouTube icon in the lower right of the screen.]


I've been wanting make one of these sensory meditation bottles for quite a while.  Several years ago, I was experimenting with metallic paint cut with water in a spray bottle.  It was mesmerizing--like northern lights to see it swirl!  I would have kept it back then, but I didn't think it would keep very well.   Now I know that it would have been fine.  I just wish I still had some of that paint -- or remembered what it was!

I've even been saving a Voss-look-alike water bottle for just this occasion.  Too bad it turned out to leak.
I am also conscious of the problem glitter causes in the environment.

Blue with silver and white or black sparkles.  Maybe even some snowflakes, stars and sequins. 

The basic ingredients, according to this teacher's instructions are as follows:

Bottle
1/2-inch of glitter in the bottom of the jar (Choose a variety of fine and chunkier glitters.)
Hot water from the tap
Glycerine
2-3 drops dish soap
You may choose to glue the top shut, but since I'm in a household with no kids, I did not take this step.

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

So a little like a snow globe, only the "snow" is the main attraction. I like it!