Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Memory Butterflies

 

I made another batch of fabric butterflies -- this time for memories and grief.
 

I'll be sending them out to friends who suffered losses this past year. 
 
Over the weekend, I was sorting through things in my mom's sewing room.  I picked out some fabric scraps for the combinations to make these butterflies. 

Strawberry Butterfly

We can't be strong all the time, but we can carry friends when they need some help. 
 


 Some of them will carry us when we need it too.  

 


Did you know that a group of butterflies is called a kaleidoscope or a flutter?

[Sorry-- I tried to embed the Goodbye Butterfly video, but Blogger kept showing The Wayfarer Sling Backpack video instead.  That must have been the last video I embedded on the blog a few weeks ago.   I don't know what' going on with that ... So you 'll just have to use the link below.]

Goodbye Butterfly by Cris Plata.

I heard Plata sing this song live at The Blackhawk Music Festival not long after  my friend Vicki lost her husband to cancer.  I swear: We had not seen butterflies at all that weekend, until he started singing this song!  And we were all attuned to butterfly sightings!  It made us think that this was a sign from Lee -- that the dead send messages through butterflies ... 

No comments: