Friday, March 25, 2022

2 More Charity Quilts Made from My Mom's Stash

Lynn Mozingo made this beautiful quilt from the box of gray strips leftover from this gi-normous quilt.  By the time I had finished king-size quilt, I had no more vision for the leftover grays in my mom's stash.  I'm glad Lynn took it and ran!   Lynn heads up Charity Quilts for the Lakeside Quilt Guild (LSQG) here in Oshkosh.
 
I really like the way this one came out!  Perhaps I'll have to try this pattern myself!
 
She also made this one with some of the kid fabrics I'd given her. 
 
Both these quilts will be donated to Sleep in Heavenly Peace, which makes sure area kids have real beds with bedding to sleep in.  

I am so pleased that her stash is being turned into quilts and given to people in need!
Thank you, Lynn! 

I rejoined LSQG this month, after a 10 year hiatus.   At the meeting last week, we were all working on charity quilts -- A Quilting Bee!  I was sitting with one of the ladies who'd attended Quilt Camp in October, where Lynn had brought several boxes of my mom's patterns to give away to the ladies assembled.    This particular lady was very grateful -- and said she'd made several patterns already, and brought the patterns back for others to use.  I am glad people are getting some use out of that stuff!

Ma-- I hope you are also looking happily on these charity quilts!

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Warms my heart to read this. Hope something similar will happen with all my quilting things when I'm gone. I'm sure I will leave a ton of fabric for many charity quilts that I can't seem to make time for myself.