Friday, July 01, 2022

Little Things Part 1: Warm and Cozy


I made a little tea cozy for my brand new French press, aka The Bodum.  Ever since Susan Hollingsworth had one at Summit Coop 25+ years ago, I've wanted one.  I finally found a cheap imitation at StV a few month's ago, but alas, it cracked with a little hot water.  [Yikes!]  So DH got me a real one.  2-1/2 cups, suitable for a coupla empty nesters like us! 

He jokingly said it needed a little tea cozy, so I took him up on the challenge and made one ...


This is fabric that I quilted a while back when I was making bags.  This was a lovely woven fabric salvaged from a skirt.  Unfortunately, I realized too late that I had cut the piece out backwards -- mirror image to what I really needed.  Oh well!  It actually worked remarkably well for this project.

I backed it with a piece of flannel, and then played with it (folding over the top edge to make a collar -- like a robe -- and adding the button and hair tie for the closure.


YES -- We use it for tea, not coffee. That's just the way we roll ...  ;-) 


"Perfect for my little Bodum!"

Palpatine's Journey by Worthikids

No comments: