Friday, July 29, 2022

The Wicked Quilt Top: Yellow Brick Road in Black-White-Gray and Granny Apple Smith Green

 

The Wicked Quilt Top

This was a kit I found in my mom's stash.  I've never made a Yellow Brick Road Quilt, but I know she made several of them.  She had the fat quarters already cut into strips.  It did not take long to sew them into blocks, and then into the top.  This weekend, I added the borders.

Matching the stripes on the pieced border.

The striped fabric needed to be pieced to make the borders longer than the width of the fabric.  I wasn't quite sure how it would go ...  I folded and pressed 1 side of the strip as I would for making binding strips.  Then I matched the silver stripes on the front side and pinned it in place so I could sew the seam and keep those stripes pretty well matched.  It worked!   All 6 seams came out very close to perfect!  Or close enough!


Here's another photo outside, backlit by the sun.  Looks like stained class, except for the dark figure (my son) behind it!

No comments: