Thursday, August 11, 2022

3rd Place Ribbon at the EAA Quilt Show for The Morning Star Quilt

The Lakeside Quilt Guild (website) in Oshkosh, WI, hosts an EAA Quilt Show during the Experimental Air & Aviation (EAA) Convention every year.  Since I rejoined the Guild last fall, I entered the Morning Star Quilt in the show.  To date, it has been the most challenging quilt I've ever made, and still there is room to improve. 

 


I got a 3rd place ribbon out of about 80 quilts in the show.  I am honored!  And still I know there are things that I'd do differently next time as far as technique to make it even better.


2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Oh my gosh how wonderful! It's such a stunning quilt. So glad you not only had a place to get it out in public but also got ribbon recognition. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Huzzah. I am so happy you finally entered your quilt into a show. I KNEW it would win a ribbon. It is so beautiful. The design, colors and details are just outstanding.
It is truly a joy to look at and makes me smile everytime I see it.