Saturday, December 24, 2022

A Christmas Surprise


My friend, Nancy made this lovely painted mosaic rock in response to the cranberry coverlet I posted a few weeks ago.  I love it!

It has a subtle texture where the paint dots are slightly raised. She studied the whig rose pattern, got out some graph paper and managed to translate a flat 2D pattern onto the curved surface of a 3D rock.  That is no small feat!  She said it was a challenge, but made it work.  I'm so pleased!

This my new favorite paperweight in my office at work.

Thank you, Nancy, for the thoughtful and practical gift.  I'm glad my arts-and-craft explorations are influencing your art.  That is the highest compliment!

Happy Holidays, My Friend!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Michele, Merry Christmas. You warmed my day.
Nancy

The Idaho Beauty said...

My mind guessed several things before reading what this really was. First thought maybe a cross-stitch pin cushion but no those aren't x's. Then thought maybe a piece of actual woven cloth wrapped around something - maybe still a pincushion. Never would have guessed a painted rock! Indeed - clever and talented friend you have. Merry Christmas!