Saturday, July 22, 2023

Hutch Makover #2 to Store and Display Quilts & Coverlets

 

Another china hutch transformed into  quilt and coverlet storage.  I have to put them someplace!


Here's the original hutch, found on FB Marketplace.  Solid, not too wide.
Very heavy plate glass shelves.
 
We removed the lighting elements, as they won't be needed for my purpose as quilt storage.
 
The first step was to paint it with the white primer base layer.

 
I decided to paint it white, much like the one from last year.  But this time, I painted the inside blue, with leftover paint from our kitchen remodel in 2014.
The blue is very subtle.
 

 I also wanted a "lighter" feel for the knobs, so I got some blue glass knobs.  Reminds me of water.
 
 

What a completely different feel vs the original dark and heavy hutch!

2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Makes it look Provincial, French? But yes, now a lightness in weight as well as color now. What a find combined with your vision.

JeanJ said...

What a fantastic makeover!