Monday, November 05, 2007

Quilt Camp Fall 2007

I spent the weekend at Quilt Camp : a whole weekend devoted to nothing but sewing, with a group of like-minded women (inlcuding my mom and Aunt Rosita).

Projects on the to-do list this past weekend :
1) Get used to using the Husqvarna-Viking Designer 1
(I've had it since last Christmas, and have not yet ventured to open it--why bother? My other machines work fine--and I know how to use them. By the end of the weekend, I could set it to sew 1/4-inch quilting seams with the rudder foot and do free-motion quilting. That was a triumph! It's a nice machine--and I still have a lot to learn on it.

2) Sew blocks for 4-patch stacked posey quilt
I got the basic blocks sewn (they still need to be squared up), but I need my design wall to decide how they will go together. I have not yet studied the above, or spent time divining what would be a proper order--That takes time to digest. I just wanted to show you what's brewing in my sewing room. ;-)

3) Add a hanging pocket and label to "Sandy's Promise." Yeah! It really is done now!

4) Sew 1/2-square blocks from Keepsake Quilting charm packs (Cottage Florals and Neutrals)
Here's a possible layout on the design wall for a few of the 1/2-square blocks. Not set in stone, by any means, just a possibility ...

5) Begin quilting the batting samples (I got through about 15 ; only about 45 to go!)
More on these batting experiments here ...

I did not bring the squares for the John Hiatt Quilt as it's too hard to do fusible applique at Quilt Camp--too much stuff to bring without a light box and my bursting box of scraps as a pallette.

No comments: