Monday, February 11, 2008

Mixed Media Gift Box : Joggles Class Lesson 2





I decided to do the simpler gift box instead of the 3-drawer box. The instructions for this project can be found under Free Projects on the Fibre & Stitch website.

Here is my mixed media fabric for this project :

It consists of painted cheesecloth on a felt base, topped with years, dyed sheep curls (wool fiber), ribbons, etc. Tinzl covered with dark green tulle. I realized I had not gone to the edges with the fillings, so the border regions looked a little empty--and I could see the cloudy Misty Fuse. So I decided to dress it up a bit with some bronze foil.

Highlights - I like the green cheesecloth on the dark plum wool felt with the green sheeps curl. The green and black fabric bits made me think of feathers ...

A fun project!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love all of the texture in your box surface!

Anonymous said...

Michelle, these are beautiful. Well, all of your work is, but this got an out an out a-ha cry from me. Yeah, and seeing my turtle vest in your design a while back. I saved that one. DMJ