Sunday, February 03, 2008

Joggles Mixed Media Class - Torn Paper Surface



Lesson 1 is complete! Here is my surface.

Last Sunday, I had a start on the surface :

base fabric of non-woven aisle runner fabric (as seen at weddings--makes a great pattern fabric as it's studier than just tissue paper)
+ Gel Medium
+ Torn Newspaper
+ Gel Medium
+ Cheesecloth
+ Dye-na Flow Paints

It had to sit for the week while I brooded on what else to add to it ... Today I added :
Misty Fuse
+ yarns + confetti (ribbons, candy bar wrapper (blue))
+ silk flowers daubed with ink
+ dark green tulle
Free motion stitched to hold everything secure
+ a little Iridescent Green Radiant Rain for a little more sparkle
+ a few iron-on crystals for the flowers



I lined the back side of the pages with an ivory flannel. It has a nice soft feel to it that matches the paper inside. The yarns in the binding are some of the same yarns drizzled over the surface.

I don't think I like the nylon feel of the tulle over the top. I might try a version that uses something silkier, but still sheer ...

No comments: