Thursday, May 22, 2008

Lake Michigan



I've been in Chicago for a few days. This is the view from the 16th floor of the hotel. Nice, huh? I should have taken more pictures with the pinks and purples and golds and blues ... but I didn't.

It is amazing how many moods and colors Lake Michigan has throughout the day. It's never the same thing twice.

Nellie Durand at Nellie's Needles has been working on The Lake Project series. Check out the many moods of Lake Michigan as Nellie has captured them in her "Ort"-work.
Lake Project Series 1-50
Lake Project Series II

1 comment:

Nellie's Needles said...

You are soooo right about that lake. However, my creating a lake piece in the presence of THE lake is difficult ... reality and the feelings it provoke are two different things.

I have written about the making of each lake piece somewhere in my blog, "Nellie's Needles". Click on the label "Lake Series" to find them.