Saturday, June 28, 2008

New Book : Fabric Art Workshop



My original thought was to use this book for a technique-a-week this summer. There are lots of things I want to try ...

But summer is already getting away from me. It seems like all the weekends have been scheduled with no time for my experiments and creations. Sigh!

I used to keep Sundays as sacred time where I didn't have to go anywhere (really, I don't have to leave the house) or do anything but putter about in my sewing room or dye studio. The chores get done on Saturday, and my husband is the cook at our house. I've been very fortunate to have a husband who doesn't complain about my creative time, or the money I spend on it (Quilting is better than gambling or a drug addiction, he says.)

It occurs to me now that I really do need that Sunday time for more than just "making stuff." That time helps me to get grounded and re-charge for the rest of the week at work and in the world.

A few chores today and Farmer's Market, then I hope to get back to experimenting ...

No comments: