Monday, November 16, 2009

Dye Dumping Day

I hated to do it ... It looked like perfectly good dye powder. This was dye I purchased back in 2005-06-07. I've been getting disappointing results in recent batches. This stuff has a definite half-life to it's shelf life. It was time to start over.


Some of the dye that over-splashed the basement drain. Pretty.


Now I have a whole pile of clean jars waiting for Godot, I guess.

Now I have a better idea of how much dye and fabric I tend to use in a year. No need to purchase the 8-oz. jars, unless I'm splitting them with someone else.

My friend Lynda and I recently put in a large dye order. Because we split the costs and the 8-oz. jars, we each got 4 oz for the price of 2 oz. jars. We also got to split the shipping costs. What a deal!

The dye kitchen is open!

No snow yet, but I did drive by an area ice rink and saw piles of "snow" pushed out the side door ... "want ... want..." Alas, I was too far from home and with other obligations to scoop up a few buckets for snow dyeing. Guess I'll just have to wait for it to fall from the sky! Shouldn't be long now!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Nice, I wish I had a friend to split the costs with but alas just myself. Some of my dyes were bought in 2006 I'm going to have to make an effort to use them up.

Mande said...

Good, I'm so glad the sale went well. I thought your journals were really lovely. An etsy shop is a great idea for you. I was going to suggest one for mom if she ever wants to sell some of her quilting, particularly the smaller projects. I think she might do well on there too....not make millions but at least make a few bucks that can be put back into her hobby.