Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Creative Cue : Shiny



Bet 'cha can't guess what this is ... Scroll down to find out.



















Yes, Terri. It's another food picture! It's smoked salmon, vacuum-packed. My Unca Ray brought it over as his contribution to the Christmas Day Feast. It disappeared in about 20 minutes!

My guilty pleasure : I like the sparkle and shine of fish skin. In Lake Wobegone, Garrison Keillor talk about a venerable trout-skin parka at the Sons-of-Knut Lodge that they drag out on special occasions? I always wondered what that parka would look like, and how they managed to tan a trout skin into a wearable commodity. It's such a fine, thin skin.

This salmon skin came out pretty well in the photo. I've tried taking pictures of fresh-caught rainbow trout, but the pictures never turn out. There's too much shine, maybe. The light bounces back and makes for poor pictures.


See other Creative Cues for Shiny.

1 comment:

Terri Stegmiller said...

LOL! You know, I never would have guess what that photo was. I think my guess would have been textile/mixed-media related. But now that I know what it is, it sure does look like it.