Saturday, April 09, 2011

WOW! : Citrasolv Backgrounds



On The Sketchbook Challenge Blog, I found Diana Trout's How-to-do-it Video on using Citra Solv to create beautiful backgrounds for collage.

Here are my results :


You can click on the slideshow to see larger images. These all came from the April 2008 issue of National Geographic, in case you are interested in getting similar results. ;-)

I am so impressed with the results from this technique. I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE the results!

I'm not quite sure how I'm going to use these yet ... Collage? Not sure I want to invest in a new printer with the dye inks. 1 page would use up a lot of ink with this kind of saturated color. I wonder how a monoprint direct to fabric might work? It also makes me wish I knew more about PhotoShop and Layers. I've already got some ideas ...


As a follow-up on the process, this is a picture of a hole the Citra Solv and ink ate into the pink foam board to which I had pinned the pages to dry. It also allowed the wet ink to run interesting streaks. Next time, I'll cover the foam with a blotting paper (or something).

No comments: