Sunday, April 01, 2012

Liebster Blog Awards - Share the Love


Sheila B. over at Idaho Beauty was kind enough to grant me the Liebster Blog Award.  "Liebster" comes from German, meaning "beloved, dearest, or favorite."   The award is given to inspiring blogs with less than 200 followers.  I am honored and humbled.  As a chronic journaler, I share my experiences on this arts and crafts journey, I never really know who is out there reading it.    Thank you, Sheila.   You made my day!

Here are the rules for my 5 awardees for accepting and passing along this award:
  1. Link back to the person who gave it to you and thank them.
  2. Post the award to your blog.
  3. Give the award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you appreciate and value.
  4. Leave a comment on the 5 blogs to let them know they have been offered this award.
These are just a few of the blogs that inspire me, though I'm not sure how wide any of their readership is :

Bohemian Twilight : Life Through the Senses
I'm not quite sure who she is, or if it's a community, or what ...  but I do enjoy the Senses Shared aspect to her blog.  It makes me pause a moment and "smell the roses" in the midst of a busy day.  

Life in Color (Formerly Insights and Bellylaughs) - by Robin Mead
Robin seems to do it all!  Whimsical doodles bursting with color, journals, crochet, and polymer clay.  I do enjoy her work.  

My Sweet Prairie - Monika Kinner-Whalen
I came upon Monika last year when she taught a thread-sketching tutorial for 3 Creative Studios (RIP).  I won the drawing for participating in the challenge that month, and Monika sent me a beautiful fabric postcard.    She's a wonderful thread painter who uses inspiration from the vast Canadian prairies where she lives.   She does some incredible and inspiring work! 

Dancing Crow - Lee Thomson
I discovered Dancing Crow several years ago when she was doing a fabric post card a day for a year.  
Now she's working on a disc-a-day.  I was amazed with her determination and stick-to-it-ive-ness to her craft.  The everyday practice gave her a chance to really explore techniques and ideas, and to prefect them.  That--and she does some beautiful work!

Creative Explorer - Terrie
I discovered Terrie's blog recently through a challenge I was participating in.  Turns out, she has many talents and interests from photography to mixed media collage.  It's been a great place for me to discover new things for myself and take my experimenting in new directions. 

No comments: