Monday, March 26, 2012

Kim Klassen's SkiniMini Class for PhotoShop Elements : Day 4 Homework

Here's my touched-up photo for the Day 4 Homework.  
It's a shower curtain hook from our bathroom sitting on a ceramic hot pad.  
Nice improvement!

Here's the original photo.  Not bad, but I have to say that playing with the Soft Light Layer, adjusting levels, adding the text seems to have made it more vivid! ;-)

Here's the second picture I played with.   Cropped, Soft Light Layer, Brightness/Contrast Adjustments, Mask Layer, Text with Vivid Light.  I remember that flower being bluer in real life ...
If I were to do it again, I'd probably crop out those 2 red stems on the right.  They made it difficult to place the word. On the other hand, they do add some balance.

Here's the original. 

No comments: