Saturday, August 25, 2012

Beyond Layers Day 33 : Love Lights


"When you possess light within, you see it externally."
                                                         --Anais Nin


The Beyond Layers theme today is Love Lights, and being grateful for those people and things who bring light into our lives. 

Since you've already seen my 2nd-hand Newfie,  here's another picture of my kid, Oliver.   This was taken on a train in France a few years ago in a rare moment where he let me snap a few pics without grimacing.  I played around with doing different things to the image in PSE (B/W, textures, actions, etc.), but every time I showed the results to my husband or Oliver, they kept saying that there was no improving on the original.   So this is the image straight from my camera with just a few slight tweaks in Picassa.  It is still one of the best portraits I've ever done.

It occurs to me that perhaps the reason Oliver doesn't like us to take pictures of him these days is because he seems to wind up in my art :  There's the Oliver Quilt, along with the update.  And now photography.    As a parent, of course we like to document the all the changes as our kids grow up.   It's entirely appropriate for our kids to inspire us, to be a spark of creativity. 

"Sometimes our light goes out, but is blown into flame by another human being.  
Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light."    
                                                                         -- Albert Schweitzer


beyondlayers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's a handsome young man. Super capture. :)