Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Beyond Layers Day 102 : My Version of Kim's Tulips on Black

This week, Kim presented us with one of her beautiful pics to which we were to add our own mark. 
I played with it, and decided on this version.  Less is more.  Simple is best. 

Here's what I did :
Layer 1 : Background Layer
Layer 2 : Copy background Layer with Orton Filter
                Why?  I really wanted that tulip to be filled with light! It had to GLOW from the inside!
Layer 3 : Copy Layer 2 - RadLab Iron Mouse Stylet
Layer 4 : Text ; Dear Joe 4 Font with Transluscent Glass Layer Style

I tried some other things with brushes and frames and textures, but it all just detracted from the beauty and simplicity of the tulip.   One thing that would have worked was cropping it down--but I was having problems with the crop tool insisting on a particular ratio--even after re-setting the tool.  I wasn't able to zero in on the section I wanted to focus on.   So I settled on the version you see above.

beyondlayers

No comments: