Sunday, October 19, 2014

Fabric Post Cards : Moons and Trees

October Trees - as a Fabric Post Card

At Quilt Camp last weekend, I made 3 fabric postcards based on recent photographs I worked up here and here.


By the 2nd round, I simplified the tree silhouette a bit.

Blood Moon - Fabric Post Card
For this one, I also decided that the moon wasn't going to accidentally slip out from under the tree, especially with the tree branches sewn down securely.  

I finally learned to use my satin edge foot to do the edges on these postcards.  It really helps to keep a straight and even edge.

This weekend, I got the disappearing 9-patch blocks together, but before I show you, I need to fix one of the blocks that got turned the wrong way.  I didn't notice it until I had everything sewn together, but now I need to set it right before I continue.