Tuesday, October 07, 2014

October Trees


Photo Processing Layer-by-Layer
Layer 1) Sweet Leaf Orange Texture - (One of my own National Geographic Citrasolve Textures)
Layer 2) Copy Layer 1 - Blurred multiple times
Layer 3) 2LO Fairy Tale 19 Texture - Soft Light Blend Mode at 75% opacity (to bring in some yellows)
Layer 4) Tree Silhouette  - Multiply 100%

The tree silhouette is from a great old oak tree right here in town.  I cropped it down to an interesting window, and made it black and white.

The background is one of my very own National Geographic Citrasolve textures from a few years ago -- before I ever even thought of playing with PhotoShop ...  But then, what do you do with all those textures if NOT PhotoShop?

Here's the original version : 
  

Photo Processing Layer-by-Layer
Layer 1) Sweet Leaf Orange Texture - (One of my National Geographic Citrasolve Textures)
Layer 2) Tree Silhouette  - Multiply 100%

I wanted the sharper focus to be on the shadow of the tree, rather than the texture in the background, so I decided to blur the orange background to arrive at the image at the top of this post.

I was working on this image on the way to another one ...  This was just a warmup. 
Stay tuned!

Sharing with the Texture Artists Facebook Group this week.

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Was just paging through your posts that came up when I searched "textures" and was struck by how much this photo looks like the little quilt "Silhouette Trees" I made for my friend last Christmas. Honest, I used my own picture and decided on the orange background because of the candle! But isn't it interesting. Like Monet's waterlilies, there are just so many ways to work with tree branches... :-)