Tuesday, October 07, 2014

October Trees


Photo Processing Layer-by-Layer
Layer 1) Sweet Leaf Orange Texture - (One of my own National Geographic Citrasolve Textures)
Layer 2) Copy Layer 1 - Blurred multiple times
Layer 3) 2LO Fairy Tale 19 Texture - Soft Light Blend Mode at 75% opacity (to bring in some yellows)
Layer 4) Tree Silhouette  - Multiply 100%

The tree silhouette is from a great old oak tree right here in town.  I cropped it down to an interesting window, and made it black and white.

The background is one of my very own National Geographic Citrasolve textures from a few years ago -- before I ever even thought of playing with PhotoShop ...  But then, what do you do with all those textures if NOT PhotoShop?

Here's the original version : 
  

Photo Processing Layer-by-Layer
Layer 1) Sweet Leaf Orange Texture - (One of my National Geographic Citrasolve Textures)
Layer 2) Tree Silhouette  - Multiply 100%

I wanted the sharper focus to be on the shadow of the tree, rather than the texture in the background, so I decided to blur the orange background to arrive at the image at the top of this post.

I was working on this image on the way to another one ...  This was just a warmup. 
Stay tuned!

Sharing with the Texture Artists Facebook Group this week.

No comments: