Sunday, October 29, 2017

Mande's Blue & Orange Star Quilt on the Design Wall

 Mande's Blue and Orange Star Quilt on the Design Wall

At quilt camp earlier in October, I had enough blocks ready to layout the star pattern for Mande's Blue and Orange Star quilt. I was pleasantly surprised!  It was helpful to lay it out, and have the Quilt Ladies take a gander.  These women are trained to look at quilt blocks., and layouts.  If something is out of place, they'll catch it!  One of them told me about one of the orange blocks that should be turned another direction.  When I finally saw it, she was right!  Do you see it in the photo above?

Last week, I squared up the blocks.  This wkd, I laid them out again at home.  I've been swapping out some blocks for others, moving them around for the best layout.   I have to let this sit for a while longer, before I start sewing them together.

Mande's Blue and Orange Star Quilt on the Design Wall at home
Getting closer to the final layout.

Sometimes it helps to take a picture.  If you see it on a small screen, you can literally get enough distance to "see the forest for the trees."  Suddenly, it gels, and you can see the whole picture--it becomes a quilt top--something whole unto itself, and not just the individual blocks.  

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Well dang, I can't spot the misplaced block! And I'm usually pretty good at that...