Sunday, October 22, 2017

Apple Bag for Market

 I made this nifty little market bag based on one I had seen at the Quilting Friends Quilt Retreat a few weeks ago.  Bev always brings "Bonnie Good" apples from her tree.  This year, she brought them in a cute market bag made with pin stripe denim and red bandana fabric.  I loved it, and decided I had to make one of my own.  Even got to use it this weekend to carry a gallon of Cider. 'Tis the Season!

And yes--Bev used to work at Oshkosh  B'Gosh when it was local, so the denim was left over from that long-ago era.  I had to buy some new denim, as I did not have this in my stash.  ;-)



It has a very nice shape with the darts in the corners.  I have to say I did not follow the instructions exactly, as I could not make sense of how she handled the straps, so I just put binding on that part.

Cheers!

No comments: