Saturday, October 28, 2017

Missives from Quilt Camp Oct 2017

My big project for the weekend was to finish up the quilt blocks for Mande's Blue and Orange Star Quilt.  I was able to borrow someoen's design wall to see how it would look.  This needs 1 more row across the top and along one side ... 

 Donna (one of my table partner's from years past) was also working on a similar strippy star quilt.  Same technique, but different.
Really neat to see how each of our Stars turned out!

The other big project I was working on was to chip away at the Loon Lake Quilt, so I spend some time thread-painting the birds and irises.

 Me with my table partner,  Laura Ramseier.  October 2017.
I swear : We did not coordinate our outfits before hand!

Laura's box of scraps.  All these were cut to the same size to make it easy to use for the same project.  Laura sorted them by color/pattern/fabric, as she needed multiples to complete a single block.  
I am still in awe of how Laura makes her quilting magic.  Her scrap quilts are gorgeous!

I've been thinking I need to start getting a handle on my own scraps ...  some day!

 
Since this was the 10th anniversary of Quilting Friends Quilt Retreat, we all brought chicken-themed gifts to honor Laura Ramseier, our host and organizer.  This amazing wool appliqued wall hanging was made by Jolene Stadtler and Ruth Mathwig.

 
Here's the whole gang : Quilting Friends
October 2017 at Lake Lucerne in Neshkoro, WI

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Gosh, that's a big group! No wonder you have so much fun at camp. :-)