Thursday, January 25, 2018

Quilt Blocks - Sonia's Windows (Again)


Ma's quilt blocks ...
My mom asked me to finish a King-size quilt for her.  Slow but steady progress.  Here are some of the blocks in a possible layout.

If it looks familiar, it;s the same Sonia's Windows quilt block, technique, and overall colors that I used for Aidin's Quilt here.  My mom liked it so much that she started one for herself.  She was able to make about half the blocks for her king-size quilt, then due to health reasons, asked me to finish it for her. 

Would be nice to have this all finished in time for their 50th Wedding Anniversary!  Today is their 49th wedding anniversary.  ;-)

Next steps :
Trim up the blocks
Choose fabric for sashing (light blue) and optional cornerstones (tree green?)
Sew it all together
Re-assess and add borders to bring it up to size

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Sure, why not have it done for that anniversary? You've got a great start here with the blocks. Will you quilt it yourself? I'm not sure I have it in me to quilt one that size anymore. In truth, I think the biggest quilt I've done on my domestic machine is queen size. And that's queen size before they ditched regular depth mattresses and changed bed linen dimensions to accommodate those really deep mattresses and box springs . . .