Sunday, January 21, 2018

Window or Door - Let's Do 52 - Week 4



Here's a more recent pic from our visit to see family in France last summer.  This is from the Normandy region, where CL's Cousin Mary-Martine lives.   Photo run through Topaz Impression with the Overpaint filter.

Here's the original. 
Seems like it was a little more golden in my memory, with that bight July sun!

Here's one from my archives ...

 Gold Door and Scooter in Toulouse, France - May 2014
This is one from my archives, but fit the Door prompt for this week.

 I was channeling my inner Kat Sloma when I took this shot.  Kat is known for capturing scooters on virtual film, especially in Europe--and they are everywhere in Europe!   (Really, Kat, this one's for you!)   As soon as I saw it walking the city streets of Toulouse,  this scene made itself!  The tall gold doors coupled with the horizontal stripes on the other garage-type door, along with the idea of movement and mobility in the scooter.   I took the shot,  added a few textures and voi la!

Image Processing in PhotoShop Elements :
1) Background image
2) Nancy Clayes Texture nc_0607 - Multiply Blend Mode at 34% opacity
3) Kim Klassen's Sissy Texture - Soft Light at 34%
4)  Kim Klassen's Rest Magic - Luminosity at 13%
5)  Shadowhouse Creations M08-2012-3 Overlay Texture - Screen at 56%
6) Added a solid color frame in black (a la Kim Klassen) - Soft Light Blend Mode at 76% opacity


Once again, I am participating in Denise Love's 2018 "Let's Do 52 : 52 Weeks of Photo Prompts" to kick start the lull in my photography.   If you'd like to join us, find out more at the link above.  The more the merrier!

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Gosh, those changes really enhanced your original photo. Really like the softening affect while not losing the brilliance of the blues, pinks and purples.