Sunday, February 11, 2018

Something Large - Let's Do 52 - Week 7

Elephant Portrait
"Something Large"

Photo Processing :
1) Jai Johnson Texture as background - Sunrise Over the Marsh
2) My own photo of a taxidermied elephant (sorry--I wish it had been alive in a natural habitat) at the National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh.  Weird to see an elephant indorrs with the balcony in the background.
       I cut it out carefully (digitally) and made a clipping mask, then laid it on the JJ background
3) Merge visible layers
4) Topaz Impression - Rembrandt Portrait Filter
           Who knew this treatment / filter also worked for animals?

I am really happy with the way this turned out!

Here's my original elephant photo for contrast.
And to think this was a photo I considered deleting : What the heck do you do with an elephant indoors at such a goofy angle?

I have to say I DO love elephants, and other large animals like whales and Newfie dogs.  Someday I want to go to the Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee to see them up close. 

Once again, I am participating in Denise Love's 2018 "Let's Do 52 : 52 Weeks of Photo Prompts" to kick start the lull in my photography.   If you'd like to join us, find out more at the link above.  The more the merrier!

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Indeed, I did wonder where you'd taken such a picture of an elephant. Mystery revealed! I guess saving photos is not unlike the way we save fabric. Even the ones we think we'll never use will often be just the thing a long time down the road.