Sunday, February 11, 2018

Progress on Holly's King-Size Quilt Top

I finished this stage of my mom's king-size quilt.   I really like the way it turned out!

The blocks were trimmed to 10 inches.
Sashing was cut to to 10 x 2-1/2 inches with cornerstone blocks cut 2-1/2 x 2-1/2 in.

 Deatail - Blue / Purple block.  I didn't notice the fish in the batik until I took the photo.  Neat!

 Gray Block with sashing.
This the same kind of block I used in my sister's quilt and in Aidin's Quilt.  Easy Peasy!
It is officially called Sonia's Windows, if you're looking for the pattern.   
The blocks work up fast -- 4 at a time out of strip sets!

Purple block with sashing.  The green is the "river that runs through" each and every block, representing the trees my Dad tends so faithfully.


The next step is to take it up to my mom's house, lay it on the bed, and figure out what we need for borders to bring it up to size. 

Glad I won[t have to quilt this puppy!  It's BIG!

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Wowsa! And it still needs borders! Yes, indeedy, I too am glad you won't have to quilt it. ;-)