Sunday, January 20, 2019

Quick Black Fingerless Mitts on the Addi Express




Who-hooh!  It worked!  Quick Fingerless Gloves on my Addi Express.



I found this video by Elisabeth Craft on making a simple pair of fingerless gloves on the Addi Express.  No fancy (or even simple) ribbing, or extra stuff for the thumb holes.    And because I used a thicker, chunkier yarn than for the first attempt, it worked out beautifully!

The Addi Express seems very happy with this yarn : "I Love This Chunky ..."

It's 100% acrylic.  Color is : Heathered Charcoal.
I love the color because it reminds me of my old Newfie, Maggie.



I did do a couple of practice runs -- which I would recommend to anyone who is new to working a circular knitting machine.  It knits up so fast, that it's easy enough to pull out and start over, too, if you have a mistake.  The thumb hole was a little tricky, but I finally got it figured out.  I can't believe how fast it went on a Sunday morning!  I had both tubes made in less than an hour.  Finishing took a little longer, as there was no video for that. Also, I rolled the cuff under so they appear a little shorter than Elisabeth Craft's in the video. 

No comments: