Saturday, January 19, 2019

Spinning Yarns : Chocolate Mint



I spun this yarn on the new cherry Schacht Reeves spinning wheel.  The brown and green mix was a ball I bought at the Sheep and Wool Festival years ago.  I think the green is silk?  I think it came from Hidden Valley Sheep & Wool Farm on the other side of Lake Winnebago.



I plied it with with some black sheep and alpaca wool from Lindago Alpaca Farm in Neenah.   Somehow she manages to get nice fiber batts at very reasonable prices. 

The spool on the left is the Hidden Valley roving spun up into a single thread.  Yes, there's a little mylar in it to add sparkle.   The middle and the left spool are after it's been plied with the black wool from Lindago.

Here's a detail shot.
This looks like some very expensive and fancy yarn! And I made it myself.  ;-)

What will I make with it?

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Yum. I'd buy it in a minute, both for the color and the fibers you included.