Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Attic Windows - Farmer's Wife Block 1


 The Farmer's Wife Block 1: Attic Windows

The first block is done!

The journey begins ...  I am using the Farmer's Wife block tutorials by Hand Made Karma based on this book:


The first block is for Attic Windows.  Yes, I have the books, but I don't have an easy way to run the accompanying CDs anymore--Time and technology march on.  We do have a new printer, so I'll be able to print HMK's templates now!  Hurray!  I am printing to a cheap pulp paper that should be easy to tear off.   Fingers crossed.

 Fossil Fern Bundle

I purchased a fat quarter bundle of Fossil Ferns in the hopes that there will be some coherence to the overall project.  There's a good balance of lights and darks in this bundle and a nice variety of colors.

Here's the back of the block with the paper piecing notes and sewing lines.  I am using some cheap newsprint paper, as from a drawing pad for kids.  This paper goes through the printer and tears easily once pierced by the machine needle, so it's a good choice for paper piecing.   I pulled off a few pieces here to test it.  It should work fine.

 

It's been a long time since I last did any paper piecing, so I had to consult a few videos as a refresher.  

So far so good ...

 

 

No comments: