Saturday, February 25, 2023

Farmer's Wife Quilt is Complete


Remember this quilt?  This was my pandemic project. I was doing 1 or 2 blocks a week during the pandemic, and got it all together in about 9 months.  It's a dizzyingly busy quilt.  There's a lot going on here.

I had Pat Schneider quilt this on her long-arm with a computerized block pattern with some swirls and slight feathers.  It was too big and heavy for me to do myself on my little domestic sewing machine at home.  If it was ever going to be finished, it had to go to a long-armer, and I knew Pat would do a good job!


Pattern: some feathers and some swirls with an olive-y green thread that disappears at a distance.  We thought whatever quilting pattern / motif would get lost amid all the blocks anyway.

Speaking of green -- see that green batik above?  I am looking for more fabric in that lively green. It's hard to find.

Batting: Hobbs 80/20 cotton/poly.  I always like the way this batt crinkles up after washing and makes a new quilt look antique-y.


The backing is an extra wide Stonehenge gradient in blues and greens.  It's prettier than the front in it's own way.  When I need some clam and quiet, I can flip it over and relish this side.

The only thing left to do is the label.



1 comment:

Deb Knippel said...

This is amazing! It was so much fun following your journey with this quilt! Thank you for sharing the finished quilt! You do beautiful work!