Monday, February 20, 2023

Sweetness and Light Tea Pot


Cute Little Blue and Gold Tea Pot

I bought this little teapot from FB Marketplace a few weeks ago.  It's cute, and the curlique raised texture makes me happy.  Although it felt good, it was sometimes difficult to see ...  Not enough contrast for my aging eyes, so I made a run to the local hardware store for a gold enamel marker:


 

and added some glitz in the form of enamel metallic gold paint.  I was originally looking for gilding wax, but they didn't have any, so I opted for the gold paint marker instead.  That worked better than expected, and gives it a hand-drawn feel -- because it was hand drawn by my own hand.  

It feels like this little tea pot will finally be allowed to shine her little heart out -- as she was meant to do.


Yes-- We drink tea at my house, so she will be used.

This is how she looked when she arrived.   Lovely, but definitely subtle.

No comments: