Sunday, May 07, 2023

Chenille Potholders

Chenille Potholders

I made a series of these in 2007 after someone in my fiber art group did a demo to show us how, but I couldn't find the notes, so I had to seek out a You Tube video to explain how to make them again.  Now if I can just find that chenille channel cutting tool I bought for that purpose ...

Why?  My kid is moving out on his own, and was going to take those old pot holders because he didn't think it was something I had made by hand.  Ha!   I'll make him some NEW ones.


Chenille Potholder not yet fluffed.

 

They are wonderful because once they are washed, they are nice and soft, but provide great insulation against hot pots and pans.  And they wear very well.

Chenille Potholder, fluffed.
It will get fluffier with subsequent washings.
 

How to Make Chenille Potholders by The Quilt Peddler in Fennimore, WI.

 

 

 

I also made him 2 other potholders made from 2 orphan blocks leftover from a very old 4-patch posey quilt project.  These remind me of Bastille Day.

No comments: