Sunday, May 28, 2023

Fancifications Part 1: Turquoise Trim on Blue Jeans and ...

 

My friend Janna did a flying stint (Yes, she's a pilot!) in Saudi Arabia last summer, and picked up some gorgeous ribbon trims in the local open air markets.  She said these were cheap, and bought a roll for me.   She's doing the same job again this summer, too, so I will ask her for another roll of this pretty ribbon.

This weekend, I decided to actually use some of it ...

I added it to the cuff of a pair of jeans.

I also used it to decorate the hood of my winter coat.  Now that it's June in WI, I think I can safely put it away for the season!

Life is too short to save little pretties like this, so if you have some special ribbon in your stash, what are you waiting for?  Use it and enjoy it!

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

The pattern on that trim reminds me of trim I bought in the late 60's. I forget now what I put it on but I still have some of it in my shoebox of ribbons and trims. I really love yours and it looks great the way you've used it.