Saturday, December 01, 2007

Skin Tones (Revisited)

Some of you may be wondering what I decided to do since dying skin tones with Fabric Dying 101 recipes didn't work out as planned ...

I realized that I actually did have some usable, workable, and acceptable skin tones already in my stash :
These are from The Quilter's Pallette Class with Marjie McWilliams at Quilt University. I can't share the recipes here, but if you like what you see, I encourage you to take Marjie's classes. She's a wonderful teacher who gently encourages the students to think for themselves. And best of all, the classes are online, so you don't have to schlep anything --just go down to your work space and check in on the computer from time to time.

This set is from a pack of fat quarters sold by Keepsake Quilting, Bali Blender Browns.

It's too early to show the progress on the next portrait quilt because I don't have anything more than a pattern at this point, but stay tuned!

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

I agree with you, Marjie is a great instructor!