Saturday, April 05, 2008

Moon & Stars Journal





I finished the Lesson 1 Journal in Sue B's current Journal-Making for the Fiber Artist. This one is called Moon & Stars (for obvious reasons) ;-)

Here's a tip I figured out only recently : Use the edge-stitching foot to do the satin stitching along the edges. See picture at Nancy's Notions : Edge-stitching foot :



This foot has a bar or wire that zigs over the edge of your journal (or postcards, or whatever). It finishes the edge cleaner than just doing a plain zig-zag satin stitch. It pushes down those stray threads. I've had that foot for years, and it just now occurred to me that this would be an appropriate use for it!

I didn't add any additional pockets to this journal, but I did add some bookmarks with some machine-stitched cords. I tried to use some flat magnets for the closure, but I think I need to get some stronger ones. These dots don't seem to hold it shut.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Beautiful! I love the closure.

Terri Stegmiller said...

Great journal!

Heather Pregger said...

Your journal is beautiful! I love the fabric and the closure.