Sunday, February 15, 2009

February Post Cards



This fabric post card (Valentine) has been perking for several months on my drawing board. I thought Valentine's Day would be a good time to finish it. Here's the page from my Sweet Leaf Notebook, mapping out the idea on paper first :



I had this in mind for a long-lost friend, newly found last summer. But he's not all that sentimental, and our friendship is certainly not romantic. I don't think my husband would keep something like this either ... so it went to my Mom, who will hang onto it, and who IS sentimental. My notes say things like : From my heart to yours, the distance doesn't matter. The hearts have spirals on them because I've become acutely aware of my heart as a sort of engine that turns this column of energy straight to those I love ... Through it, I know things I couldn't know any other way. Sounds goofy, I know. But I really was trying to convey something that seems to be happening in the energetic world for me ...


This is the other fabric post card called "Leftovers / Reaching."

These strips were cut off of some of the Fiber in Form class samples from a few months ago. These were just crying out to be another piece of art all unto themselves. These strings have a real dialogue going between them ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It actually has a nice flowing thing going on; I like it.
SKS