Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Few Other Works in Progress from Quilt Camp 2009


I got a good start on this baby quilt, made from a Crayon Box of strings.
The next step is to quilt it (or tie it--kids seem to love the yarns to play with and chew on ...)
This can be the drag-around, constant companion for my sister's Baby #2 in Japan.


I got a good start on this Salmon wall-hanging, too. I was able to get this far with it on Friday night. He's all stitched down. The next step is the quilting and binding. It always takes me a while to decide just what designs I want to quilt -- For this, I'm thinking waves ... But that still needs to percolate in my mind for a bit longer ...


Detail of salmon.

Side note : This weekend is is spear-fishing season on Lake Winnebago for Sturgeon. I am considering doing up a sturgeon in this Pacific Northwest style. It would be a mixing of cultures, but still worth doing, I think.


I started this little chickadee in a thread-painting class 2-3 years ago. We had a talented artist teaching the class from northern Wisconsin. I think her name was Sandy W.


Detail of Chickadee.
The teacher had a background in wildlife painting, so she had a very different view on color and texture than the average run-of-the mill applique quilter. Her stuff is amazing!


Detail Chickadee.

I also did some mindless sewing of 4-patch posey blocks for 3 quilts in waiting. You'll be seeing those again as work progresses ...

It was a very productive and relaxing weekend at Quilt Camp.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

Sounds like quilt camp is great fun! I love your Chickadee - it's very realistic.