Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Not Your Grandmother's Quilt Show



Whoo-hoo! I'm going to have 3 pieces on display for 3 months at our local Oshkosh Public Museum. This is the first time I'll have things hanging in a real museum. 3 months is a much longer run than the usual weekend quilt show. It's kind of like sending you kid off to school for the first time ... Will they be all right?

They ask you to put a value on the quilts you submit for insurance purposes. That was a new one for me : How to set a value on these 1-of-a kind original pattern quilts that could never be replaced?

For now, the walls are bare at home. I'll have to make a few new things at Quilt Camp this weekend to fill the empty spaces.



The Oliver Quilt will be away from home for 3 months. He is as much a member of the family as my son after whom it was modelled. I laughed and told him (the real Oliver) that we'd bring him meals and visit him while he's hanging in the museum for 3 months. The real Oliver did not laugh.

Here are the other 2 pieces that will be on display :


"Celebrate"


"Day at the Lake 2"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michele--
I have to tell you how
much I liked your wall hangings at the museum. Wait until you see
them! They are displayed in such a dramatic way with ceiling spotlights shining on the larger two. I hope you can get over to see them.
Sandy A.