Friday, July 05, 2013

2BD18 Old Shed in SnapSeed


The Beyond Beyond lesson this week involved a bit on iPhonography, using Snapseed to do some basic photo editing.   I have SnapSeed on my iPad, so I used one of the old shed pictures for this play date.  I wasn't keeping notes, so I can't tell you exactlywhat I did, but it involved SnapSeed's Tuning, Drama, and Black & White options.  Kim also mentioned PicTapGo, which is the iPhone app for RadLab.  Unfortunately, there is no iPad version, but if you have an iPhone it's an incredible deal at $1.99. 


With a little more tinkering, I figured out how to add a Sepia tint to give it a different old-timey feel.   I also added one of the given textures to add some interest to the blown out sky.    When I edited this image in PSE, I was able to extend the canvas to make a bigger sky for the storm clouds.  This altered the composition so that the shed was not sitting smack-dab in the middle of the picture.   With iPhoneography, I see I have to be more conscious of composing shots as I take them ...  In this case, more sky, less grass in the foreground, shed off center.  Not bad for a first try, though!  I can see how this could get addicting ...

I have several Photography Apps on my iPad, but I haven't taken the time to really sit down and play with them.  Usually, my camera and my MacBook are not far away.  I have processes that work for what I do, and since I don't have an iPhone that's always with me, I haven't made that transition. 

Lots of frustrations with the Photo Transfer App this am.  It shouldn't take 45 minutes to transfer 2 images.  In the end, I abandoned PTA and went for Drop Box which seemed to work a lot better today.   I understand that SnapSeed works very well for/with Instagram.   Since I don't have an Instagram account (a conscious choice for my lifestyle at present), I wanted to send the image back to my MacBook so I could post it here on Sweet Leaf.  I know--I know : Why not just compose the the post on the iPad?  Because I have a system that works; The photo archive for 2B is on the MacBook. 

Now on to understanding and using LightRoom better ...

Cheers!

Beyond Layers

No comments: