Gold Door & Scooter in Toulouse, France - May 2014
I was channeling my inner Kat Sloma when I took this shot. Kat is known for capturing scooters on virtual film, especially in Europe--and they are everywhere in Europe! (Really, Kat, this one's for you!) As soon as I saw it walking the city streets of Toulouse, this scene made itself! The tall gold doors coupled with the horizontal stripes on the other garage-type door, along with the idea of movement and mobility in the scooter. I took the shot, added a few textures and voi la!
Image Processing in PhotoShop Elements :
1) Background image
2) Nancy Clayes Texture nc_0607 - Multiply Blend Mode at 34% opacity
3) Kim Klassen's Sissy Texture - Soft Light at 34%
4) Kim Klassen's Rest Magic - Luminosity at 13%
5) Shadowhouse Creations M08-2012-3 Overlay Texture - Screen at 56%
6) Added a solid color frame in black (a la Kim Klassen) - Soft Light Blend Mode at 76% opacity
Of course, I couldn't stop there ... I had to play some more.
Here are 2 versions from the Waterlogue App on my iPad (BEFORE all the PSE work) :
Bold Color Waterlogue Preset
Rainy Waterlogue Preset
Here's the original street scene taken in Toulouse, France last May.
Sharing with The Texture Artists FaceBook Group and Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday.