Thursday, July 17, 2014

Waterlogued Travels

 I've been playing with some of my travel pics from recent trips.  I wanted to try the Waterlogue App (yet again!) on landscapes, since you often see water colored landscapes.  

This one is from Moraine Park in Banff, Canada.  
I used the Natural Preset from Waterlogue.  It's a great rendition of the original, I think. 

 
 Same scene at Moraine Park in Banff.  
This time with the Color Bloom preset in Waterlogue.
Another acceptable rendition!

 Here's a lovely scene from the Cullain Hills on the Isle of Skye, Scotland.
Used the Travelogue Preset from Waterlogue.

The Church at Uig, Isle of Skye, Scotland.  Used the Travelogue Preset in Waterlogue, hoping to preserve the magnificent ever-changing skies there on Skye.
I was a little disappointed with this one.   I guess I can always run it through some other processes apps, and add textures.  

  Here's the original photo.   I was really hoping Waterlogue would pick up those magnificent skies, but I was underwhelmed.   I guess I'll try something else with this one.  Still a nice pic!

 Eileen Donan Castle in Scotland.  The most photographed castle in the entire world.
Used the Color Bloom Preset in Waterlogue.

I really do think this Waterlogue app is a good way to get my feet wet, to get used to the various watercolor styles, to see what's possible, if I ever wanted to try the real thing for myself.  I know with these being digital, I'm missing the whole watercolor paper texture levels.  Although, there are probably ways to add that via Photoshop ...

This is such a great big beautiful world we live in.  I'm so fortunate to be able to get out and SEE it with my own eyes.  If you've ever wanted to travel, let me give you a nudge to go out and DO it! 
You won't regret it!

1 comment:

Eija said...

Ah, Scotland. I hope I get to travel there once again... I really liked all of your picture rendition, even the one that wasn't your favourite. If I hadn't seen the original, it wouldn't have lacked anything. Really nice work again.